After disappearing into the little vortex that is my life, I popped up for air and discovered that fellow Zumba Instructor and health nut, Earth Mermaid, awarded me the Liebster Award! THANK YOU!
The Rules for Accepting the Award:
1. Post 11 facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions posed by your nominator.
2. Pass the award onto 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer.
3. Display the Liebster Blog Award in your post.
11 Facts About Me..
- Try as I might I have not been able to get myself to enjoy drinking hot tea. I’ve tried many different kinds, and I still would rather drink plain water or coffee.
- A goal of mine is to run the Tough Mudder some day!
- I can’t make a pack of bobby pins last for more than 1 week.
- I am dreadful at answering phone calls or text messages promptly.
- Another goal is to be a contestant on Survivor or the Amazing Race.
- My collection of hot mugs for coffee/tea is outgrowing any other form of dishware that I have.
- I have two tattoos – I plan on a third.
- I have no desire to live in a big home. I want to live in a shed on a beach or in someones backyard.
- Piggybacking off of #8 something I’ve been steadily working towards is parring down the number of posessions I dont have. I may only be in 20 but I’ve acquired a TON of stuff!
- I love watching The Daily Grace. She is hilarious. WATCH HER.
- TODAY (April 23) I am going hiking for the first time in 2013.
My Liebster Questionnaire Responses:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
If I could live anywhere in the world, I would pick Greece. Reason why? Because not only is it breathtakingly beautiful, the food is amazing, the culture is full of life AND hopefully I would be living right on the water. Win win win win WIN.
2. What do you like for breakfast?
It always changes! Since I’m up so early sometimes I just have fruit, other days when I have a little more time I’ll make oatmeal.
3. What about yourself do you like most?
My hair! I used to hate it, I mean HATE. My hair is one giant curly lions mane. I spent hours striaghtnening it and fighting what was natural, but now I’ve embraced it. I take good care of it and recieve genuine compliments on it daily,
4. Which is more meaningful to you – strong mind or strong body?
Strong mind. I think that while having a strong body helps physically carry you through life, a strong mind is needed to push yourself to grow and change.
5. What is your most efficient way of handling stress?
Dancing! Teaching Zumba Fitness classes keep me fit and the energy lets me release my stress away – even for just an hour. Usually I teach 2-3 classes each day, so I’m lucky that I have such a great outlet.
6. Are you a morning or night person?
7. What is your favorite form of exercise?
ZUMBA. The Zumba Fitness format is amazing – it doesn’t feel like you’re working out at all. Recently I’ve also fallen in love with Turbo Kick!
8. If you could do one thing to change the world, what would it be?
If I could do one thing I would help others realize their true potential, and let them know that what they dream of achieving is possible if the just TRY.
9. What books have you read that inspired you?
I really enjoyed Tiny Buddha by Lori Deschene. Currently I’m working through Soul Pancake, which is really thought provoking.
10. Guilty pleasure?
Binge watching sitcoms on Netflix when I can’t sleep.
11 Why did you start your blog?
Originally I started it for myself as a journal, but it grew and became this really great place to connect with other like minded people. Along the way I’ve discovered some really neat things about myself, and now almost 3 years later I have a cool timeline of my life through my late teens and early twenties.
Now onto my 11 awardees..
And finally my questions for YOU:
1. What is your favorite time of day?
2. How did you meet your best friend?
3. In your opinon what is the best season?
4. Favorite song?
5. Color which describes your mood today?
6. Oatmeal or Grits?
7. What time is it right NOW?
8. Favorite beauty product?
9. Current favorite tv show?
10. Most used cookbook you own?
11. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?